Wednesday, January 27, 2016

This is going to be a long post...

So after noticing that Cecilia Jamasmie over at Mining.com had used my photograph without license or permission (as mentioned in my blog previous post), my interest was peaked. I decided to reverse google search my photograph that she had used. Wow, the results surprised me. I found my photograph being illegally used on news websites, "News" websites, NGOs' websites, Non-profit companies' websites, FOR profit companies' websites, YALE University's website...
...I found it on a lot more websites than I was expecting.
Here, let me share some with you.

News & "News" Reporters
So I let Mining.com know about the use of my photograph. They apologized and removed it, saying that the image was wrongly labelled in their database as "iran-open-pit-mine" with a Creative Commons license. Funny thing about that: when I reverse searched the image, it came up on their website in an Article from 2014 about Yancocha.
First time is a mistake.
Second time is just plain shady.
Mining.com

But hey, they're not the only news reporters using the image without my consent...

Financial Tribune

The Trent

Mining Press Peru

Correo

DD Refining blog

The Mech Warrior

It even makes an appearance on Yale University's website.

Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies

Holier Than Thou Tree Huggers
Its hard to take someone seriously who is acting as a morality police yet stealing my photographs...







Chiapas

 Making profit, but not sharing...

The Mine Scout

Hey, look, there's the founder's face, just below my photograph.
Hey Elliot Meena, how about sending me payment for use, bro?

Australian Institute of Resources Training

 
Behin Mining

 
Blackstone Resources

 
Dominion Gold

A Canadian Gold Junior.
How embarrassing for the rest of us in the sector.

BSafe Consultancy

 
Gromit Recycling

 
Hydrorb Remote Sensing

 
West Hills Construction

 
Florida Engines

 
Munafa Cam

 
Sapin Business Consultants

 
Tachyon Global Advisors

 
Trans4mation Universal


And my personal favourite, American Diesel & Machine. They not only used the photograph in question, but they also used two more of my photographs, displayed right underneath the first!

Thieves! All of them!
So I think I might send a few of these guys/gals invoices.
Wouldn't you?

No comments: