Saturday, February 28, 2009

Jim Allen



Today I attended a portraiture workshop put on by the one and only Jim Allen. And it was superb. I found Mr. Allen to be immensely enlightening, especially when it came to his keen insights and tremendously thought provoking views about portrait photography and the relationship between the subject and photographer. He also divulged quite a few technical secrets included how to get great contrast through certain lighting arrangements and how to bring out the subjects eyes. I've come away with many concepts that I can't wait to go out and try. Thank you Mr. Allen!

Afterwards, I wandered over to Graffiti Alley to scout it as a location for a future shoot. Overall, it was a great photog related day.

I've added a couple pictures from the alley to the Other gallery, in addition to the ones below.







No comments: