Thursday, January 29, 2009

High Dynamic Range

I've started experimenting with high dynamic range images (HDR).
At this point, I'm not doing true HDR images since I haven't completed the first step in the process, which is going out and taking multiple pictures of the same subject at different exposures.
Instead, to recreate the effect, I'm manipulating the RAW files of pictures +/-2 ev to give me the minimum required variations.
It gives new life to photographs that failed due to the high contrast between a subject and its background.
And opens up a whole new world of effects experimentation.
I don't know if I'd consider these true photographs though.
They seem more like graphics to me.
Anyway, here's a sample.

Non-HDR


HDR


I've added some in the following galleries:
Sculpture Portraits
Landmarks & Landscapes
Other

No comments: