Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The layover


One of the great things about traveling to Europe is that most destinations have options as to what airline you pick.
And if booked with a little foresight, you can add a mini-trip to your planned trip.
In 2010 I had a vacation in Finland, but I flew Air France and scheduled a layover in Paris.
I had enough time to see the main sights, the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame...
...I even had time to go out and see the Palace of Versailles.
This past June, I journeyed to Budapest.
By flying Finnair, I was able to schedule a layover in Helsinki.
As I had already been to Helsinki in 2010, I didn't feel any pressure to see all the sights, and instead had time to just enjoy being in the city.

Pictures of Helsinki have been added to the galleries.
Check them out.


No comments: