Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pension Plan

Funny thing happened to me the other day. I received a letter giving me the options of what to do with the pension contributions from my last job. One of the options was to leave it with the same investors, who at that point had realized a whopping annual return of MINUS 20%. MINUS. Yeah, no thanks guys. Another option was to transfer it to another investor. Who I am sure would do just as well. And then there was option three. Receive the contributions, net of tax, in cash. Nice. Well, the cheque finally cleared the bank yesterday. And it was enough to pay for all my camera gear purchases from the last year, up to and including today...
...because today I happened into Henrys and got a pretty great deal on a 50D and grip kit.



Of everything in the picture, only the EF100 macro lens was NOT picked up in the last 6 months. And the sad thing is that my bohemian lifestyle is such that I would be happy paying rent for the next twenty years while amassing a horde of such playthings. Life is good.

ps...missing are my gripped xti, kit lens and tripod since they were used to take the picture.

No comments: